A Simple Thing Can Change Your Life...
A simple thing can change your life—like tripping on a rug or slipping on a wet floor. If you fall, you could break a bone, like thousands of older men and women do each year. A broken bone might not sound awful, but, for older people, a break can be the start of many more serious problems.
Did you know?
- 800,000 Americans worldwide are hospitalized every year due to a fall.
- 25% of Americans 65 years and older have had at least one fall.
- 95% of hip fractures are caused by falls.
- Falls are the second leading cause of accidental or unintentional injuries that have resulted in death.
Some Quick Tips
PLEASE JOIN US FOR FALL PREVENTION & AWARENESS!
PARK Senior Villas Chandler is hosting an onsite event with healthcare professionals from ALTAS medical to educate and answer questions during an interactive presentation. The presentation will cover:
- Physical Therapy and Strengthening
- Occupational Therapy and home safety checklist
- Tips to prevent falls with a balance class demonstration